Saturday 27 October 2012

Niagara Falls

I bet all of you have heard of Niagara Falls. Most probably you have seen it in many movies. But did you know that in fact there are three falls in the complex? And that the state boundary between US and Canada goes through them? Well, I did not. But luckily Aleksandra explained it to me before we went there.

We had some time for discussions as the queue to take the Maid of the Mist was really impressive. Finally, it was our turn.


As you see, everybody was wearing blue coats to protect from water. First of all I thought it is just marketing. Trust me, it's not. The mist is so dense you can hardly see the Horseshoe Falls (what a nice name by the way).


The American Falls seem a bit calmer, though I have been told it is not always the case.


Next to the Falls you can see the Skylon Tower. On top there is a revolving dinning room. From there we could admire both falls - the Canadian one ...


... and the US one.


And of course eat a very nice dinner.


After the meal we had a nice walk to the edge of the Fall.


The flower clock says it is time to move on.


No comments:

Post a Comment