Saturday 7 July 2012

Istanbul

Recently I have spent one day in Istanbul. I had huge plans regarding places that I want to visit. Unfortunately it turned out that I did not take into account one small detail. The traffic jams. You cannot imagine what a traffic jam is until you go to Istambul. A 4-lane highway packed with cars that move at 20 km/h.


So in the end, all that I have managed to see where buildings on my way from the airport to the hotel. Like the Galatasaray stadium. I've been told that football is like a religion in Turkey. Galatasaray won the champioship this year, you may imagine the happiness in Istanbul.


The most impressive construction that I have seen was the bridge over Bosphorus. Actually this was the second bridge, called Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge. It is simply huge. No surprise if you rememebr that it actually links two continents.



On the left (when driving from Europe to Asia) you can spot the Rumeli castle. Unfortunately it took me over two hours to come to the bridge so when I arrived there it was late. So the quality of the picture is not perfect.


The Bosphorus straight itself looks great.


That was a tiring trip. I need some rest - luckily the Istambul airport has a nice business lounge.


Unfortunatelly I cannot take you inside - it is for members only.

No comments:

Post a Comment