Saturday 26 May 2012

Petřín

Do you remember the lookout tower that I have shown you from Hradčany? I promissed you to have a closer look at it. I always keep my promisses so here it comes - Petřín.

I started my trip in the Kinsky garden. It is a beautiful area loved by the inhabitants of Prague. In May the lilacs are in blossom, you may only imagine the smell.



 My preferred place in the Kinsky garden is the water fall.


It is possible to climb up the Petřín hill on foot. But I prefered to use the fenicular railway.



The nice thing is that you can use in the fenicular the same tickets that you would use in a bus or a tram.



 When you arive on the top you can see the tower in its full beauty.



The tower was built in 1891 and is 60 meters high. To benefit from the amazing view from the top, you need to climb the 299 stairs.



From the top you can see all the important places in the city. The Strachov Monastery ...



...or the castle in Hradcany.



This nice district is called Mala Strana. I plan to go there soon.



Here you can see the river winding through the city.



It is definitely worth the climbing!

No comments:

Post a Comment