Saturday 31 December 2011

Late autumn in BUW gardens

The Library of the Warsaw University (BUW) is one of the most amazing new buildings in Warsaw. I will show it to you one day. For the time being, I took a nice Sunday walk in its garden. You can see that autumn is already well established.


The grass is still green but all the leaves are gone with the wind. Luckily, the Library itself is also green.


As I was approaching the building of the Library, I noticed many curious elements, first of which was a dome. It allows the students to have more natural light in the library.


As I came even closer, I noticed some further strange structures.


Do you have any clue what these can be?


Well, me neither. I decided then to turn in the other direction where I saw another building hidden behind a hill.


The stairs allow to enter the roof part of the garden. Unfortunately, it is closed between November and March. We will need to come back here in spring.


The building behind the hill turned out to be one of the buildings of the Faculty of Law and Administration of the Warsaw University.


I definitely need to come back here in spring. In the meantime, I will have a virtual tour of the gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment