Saturday 17 September 2011

Pacanów

I wonder how many of you have ever heard of Koziołek Matołek? It is a Polish comic book from 1933 telling the story of a nice goat.



Matołek is a traveller like me. He travels all around the world, trying to get to Pacanów where, as they say, he could get some horseshoes (or rather goatshoes).

Nowadays, Pacanów houses the European Center of Fairy Tales.


It is a very interesting building surrounded by a nice garden.


I have visited the garden of course ...


.... though I had to be really careful. Luckily I spotted quickly the sighns "Beware of dwarves running free!".


Inside you can walk through the enchanted garden.


This nice lady is called Pyza. She is a travller like me, running across Polish roads. The skirt she is wearing is a traditional cloth from the Łowicz region.


I did not meet Matołek himself but I've seen his statue.


And I was lucky to find the smithy of the Koza family. Now I wait for one of them to come and to give me some nice new horseshoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment