Saturday 25 May 2019

Warsaw Zoo


I have realised recently that over the last few years we have visited several zoos. But we have never seen the Warsaw zoo. The weather is getting nicer so I hope that you fancy a little walk in the animal kingdom. The lane is large and comfortable.


Next to the entrance you can see some seals. They do not seem over excited by all the visitors that they take pictures. Most probably they are not on Instagram and do not care about followers and likes. 


A bit further we reach the Australian corner. First the emus ...


... then the kangaroo.


But what really stope my heart is this little kangaroo sitting in his mother's pouch. Technically, his out, conquering the world with his eyes and hands. But his back is safely protected close to mommy.


My human family just run after some ice cream. And I was amazed by the colours of this peacock. I do not think that I have ever seen one like that. 


The zoo is the house to some monkeys and apes. The baboons reside outside.


The gorillas were hiding inside. 


The elephants have a relatively larger territory so it is not easy to take a good selfie with one of them. 


But you can always try to get close to a rather nice representation of it. 


Next to the elephants you can find a rhino. His horn was cut off to protect his life. I think this is the saddest thing that I have seen since long. 


Actually zoos in general have something sad in them, being in reality some sort of prison for the animals. But it is also true that thanks to the zoos, some of the species were saved and can expand, like the European bisons


Plus they never have to worry about anything and can simply relax like this alpaca. 


Or maybe take a swim like the hippos.


If you enjoy the water and the sun, I propose we sit for a moment next to this fountain and enjoy the calm around us. 


Just make sure that you do not sit on a crocodile!



No comments:

Post a Comment