Saturday 10 February 2018

Bangalore

Over the last weeks we have enjoyed the snow and cold of Europe. I propose that we change the climate today and look for a place that is warm and sunny irrespective of the season. I have the pleasure to take you to yet another trip to Asia - welcome to Incredible India!


Let's jump on a plane - the flight will take us a few hours.


Finally, we arrive. Have you noticed that the Indian alphabet is nothing close to the Latin one?


Let's go to the city center. We could use one of those cute moto-taxis.


But be careful, the traffic is really bad in Bangalore.


You do not believe me? Well, turn up the volume.


I propose we take a short stop in one of the shops with local handcraft. You can buy here figurines of Hindi gods ...


... or a shawl, both beautiful and practical.


Are we done with shopping? Then I propose that we go directly to the hotel now. We will be welcomed with necklaces of flowers.


In the main lobby, Ganesh, the remover of obstacles, is welcoming the guests. 


On the floor we can admire a beautiful and delicate mandala made out of flowers.


We will stay in the Taj West End hotel, the oldest of Bangalore.


It remembers the times when English ladies and gentlemen walked in the gardens.


It was built in so-called colonial style.


In the garden you can see trees that are hundreds years old. 


The buildings themselves are covered with tropical plants.


And in th courtyards, turkeys enjoy the sunlight.


There have even have here a little pond. I have seen next to it people doing yoga. Hard to imagine a better and more serene place.


I hope that you have enjoyed this wonderful place. Before we return to the gloomy Europe, why don't we enjoy one more aspect of the vibrant and colourful India. The spices.


But be careful, the Indians add spices even to ice cream!


I let you enjoy the dessert and I run to send a few postcards to my Postcrossing friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment