Saturday 2 December 2017

Kites' festival

I must tell you honestly that I am not a huge fan of autumn. When it gets dark and windy, my motivation to travel falls significantly and all I dream of is a warm blanket and a bucket of hot water.


But some humans manage to turn the biggest disadvantes of autumn into an opportunity for good fun. Windy autumn is the best time for a kite festival! If you want to play with kites, especially in a bigger group, you need space. A large field will be best.


First, the kites will pass by a jury who will assess the construction and the decorations. The two most popular shapes are a hexagon and a diamond.


Some participants prepared decorations which are cute and funny, like those smiling vegetables.


 Others decided to scare their opponents. Pirates of the air, ahoy!


Personally, I liked a lot this rose in a pot.


Finally, the jury calls the participants to move on their marks. The kites will fly on long string. They also have a tail, usually decorated with bows and fans.


 All participants are aligned in a row, ready to launch the kites.


And here they go!


I think that I know who might win this race, just look at this one, flying soooo high.


 In the end, windy autumn does offer some reasons to go outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment