Saturday 3 January 2015

Masoala National Park


Today I will show you something special - the rain forest in the Masoala National Park.



The Masoala park is located in North Madagascar and since 2007 it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.


The first thing that strikes you in Masoala is the heat and humidity. Then you notice the aboundance and the deep green colour of the plants.


Water and green is everywhere. There are little brooks ...


... that end up in nice waterfalls.


In the lakes giant turtles bathe as if they did not need to hurry to meet a deadline of any kind. Well probably they do not. What a refreshing thought.


I decided to smell some of the plants. The smell was sweet and relaxing.


That would explain why the lemurs seem so peaceful.


During my walk I noticed a little pathway.



I have followed it and I have found a little house. I tried to imagine what it would look like to live in such a house in Warsaw. No walls, no doors, no central heating.


Well, here you can really feel what it means to be on Madagascar.


I hope you enjoyed this little insight into a rainforest. I surely did.

No comments:

Post a Comment