Saturday 17 December 2011

Paris

Finally, I went on my first (and hopefully not the last) journey abroad. I came to the Warsaw airport very early and checked my flight details:


Luckily, I still had time for a little shopping.


I took me a bit too long so I had to really run to the gate.


The boarding started on time - the plane was really impressive


And then we took off! The flight was not long so when we landed I was all thrilled and excited, ready for a walk in Paris. Unfortunately it rained the whole day so I had to take a car instead. This did not help with the pictures but I still managed to see some interested sites. We started with


where I could admire the Arc de Triomphe:

... and the Grand Palais



Look - a Christmas market!


As we moved down the Seine, I could further see the Museum of Orsay...


... La Conciergerie where Marie Antoinette was improsoned and executed.

I also admired many beautiful bridges, in particular Pont Neuf that is called "the New Bridge" even though it was built in the 16th century.


It was a long trip to time to have some rest. Hopefully, they will treat me here like a VIP that I truely am.

No comments:

Post a Comment